How to apply for Aadhar card
Government of India is linking many government schemes with aadhaar car issued to individuals in order to streamline the process and weed out duplicate and fake beneficiaries. The linking is also been done to ensure that the benefit is passed to the right deserving recipient. So make sure you have enrolled for aadhar card and it is issued to you and your family. The government is making all out efforts to enroll all Indians in this scheme and we should also be aware about all these schemes and policies.
If you have not enrolled till now we have mentioned step by step guide for how to apply for Aadhar card
- You will need an address proof and ID proof for this from your end. There are different types of proof of identity and proof of address acceptable for this. The link has the list of valid documents: Documents required for Aadhaar Enrolment
- Visit your nearest Gram panchayat / Municipal corporation office / DC office or any relevant government office and inquire where Aadhar cards are being made currently. The government is also advertising this in daily newspapers and other media. Locate Aadhaar card centres online here: Aadhaar enrolment centre search
- Fill in the Aadhar application form and submit that the concerned official. You can also download online Aadhaar from from this link: Online Aadhar form. Dont forget to mention your mobile number in this form as you will get status updates of Aadhar number on this phone
- The entry of the data provided by you will be registered in the software by the registrar after verification.
- Your photograph and ten finger prints will be taken there and then.
- A receipt will be issued which will have the Aadhaar enrollment ID and enrollment time.
- Aadhar card will be issued in due time after verification and sent to you address. You will also receive an SMS regarding this and you can also download your Aadhar card online when it is generated.
Notify or call UIDAI for assistance immediately if you encounter any difficulty or malpractice in the Enrolment Process or if anyone is asking for money to get you your Aadhaar at the following contacts:
Toll free number : 1800-300-1947 | E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org